Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Syria 1982 or 1882 ? (2)

2.3 Damascus Syria (1st Night)

To my disappointment my brother opted to sleep all the afternoon. I, on the other hand, wanted to explore the city. I went down to the reception desk and asked the receptionist for hints on sightseeing.
The receptionist blew some of his cigarette smoke in my face, gazed at the ceiling; then with a big smile the old grey haired man bluntly asked me "Are you looking for women?" Being as naive as I were I asked him what did he mean.
The guy shocked his head and with an overstated wink he answered "Are you looking for company; for good time?"
I felt the adrenaline rushing through my body...was I on the doors of a new adventure ?
What would my friends think when I tell them that I was with a real blood and flesh woman.
I would fulfill all of their fantasies. The ones we have spent countless days and nights dreaming about while drooling on fading pictures of smuggled playboy magazines. But of course, being who I am, an Arab that is; I immediately asked him “How much does it cost?”
“300 pounds an hour” he answered. Changing the amount into Jordanian Dinars almost made me laugh. “It’s cheaper than having a good restaurant meal in Amman” I thought.
“Well, Why not” I answered...”Where should I go?” I continued. “Ayman...come here!” the man yelled at the top of his lungs.
A nine years old blue eyed bare footed boy came running with a mop in his hand. “Yes boss, I am coming.” His childish voice echoed through the marble hallways leading to the reception area.

No comments: