Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Stupidity

2. Amman, Jordan.....1982

The day came for my first trip.... It was 1982 and I was extremely excited about it...

We were going to Syria...Our great neighbour to the north. I felt energized and just wanted time to pass. The simple fact of traveling just intrigued me. Syria for me was a great nation, with vast resources and kind people.... They were our Arab Muslim brothers and sisters... What hurts us hurts them... Or at least this is what I was taught in school.

I was unable to sleep all night...my imagination wove the nicest portraits of my coming trip...my mind could not stop thinking about how I will spend my time and who I will spend it with...


2.1 The Way to Damascus, Syria....... Next Morning

At the crack of dawn, a rusty yellow 1950 GM car was honking firecly at our door step... As I stepped out of the house my mother folowed me with a jacket...hleplessly trying to protect me from the morning cold breeze Amman is known for....

No comments: